Carlisle 2019!

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
Faulkner

Re: Carlisle 2019!

Post by Faulkner »

Gary, are you looking for salvageable drums that can be turned, or new replacements? If used will do, you can do no better than to contact John Fowlie at Big M Auto.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Matthew! Will! Frank!

Just Sayin'.

hellcats.JPG
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

I’m in!!! First thing in the morning
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Gettin' real.

IMG_9816.JPG
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

OK, a last minute thought - I'm thinking of a repeat on T-Shirts. Because they will have a '59 on the back and the front, they'll cost more than your typical shirt - somewhere between $18 - $25, depending on how many takers I get. I expect I'll order by this time next week, so let me know if you're in or not. L, XL, XXL?

front.JPG
back.JPG
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Dan: Put me in for 2 2XL. Are there any "Forward look owner" black ball caps still around ? Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

I dunno, Mark - Dave Stragand (Patron Saint of the Forward Look) had set up something with Cafe Press years ago. You might want to check out their site. Here's a black/white ball cap...
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

I got an email from Dieter Bauer last night - he's been shaking out the bugs in his '59, he plans to bring it to Carlisle this year!!

He's also looking for some of the chrome buckles for the seat straps - can anyone help?
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Wasn’t dieter his 59 a Fury?

He’s second in line for Sport Fury buckles
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
GaryBitner

Post by GaryBitner »

Got my registration materials, too! Flying up to Pittsburgh on Thursday afternoon, 7/11, and driving east midday on Friday. Staying in Chambersburg Friday night and driving up to Carlisle Saturday morning. Can you guys try to hold a spot for me on the show grounds for Saturday morning arrival? What time will everyone be rolling in Saturday morning? Dan, can I please get your cell phone number? Feel free to email me at gary@bitnergroup.com -- thanks. I'm staying at the Hampton Inn in Chambersburg. It's a bit of a haul, but rooms are scarce, especially on the west side of Carlisle. Look forward to meeting everyone. PS--Dan, John Fowlie in Sacramento has been a big help. He found and sent the drum/hub parts for both rear wheels. Also a glove box lock assembly. The Belvedere is in the shop this week for more pre-Carlisle maintenance. Or maybe I should say pre-trip maintenance, to help make sure the trip is a smooth one.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Gary, my cell phone is in the front inside cover of the Plymouth Owners Club Bulletin ('59 Plymouth Technical Director, although that title is mine in name only - the '59 Forum membership is the true Tech Director) - I have no problems with posting it here, for anyone to see: 215-206-2214

John Fowlie is the go-to man, honest as the day is long, and fair in his pricing. I'm glad that it worked out.

As I was typing this, I got an email from John Quinn (recently sold his '59 Belvy 'vert). He's decided not to come out, so he's giving up his room in Mechanicsburg. It's yours if you want it. Mechanicsburg is 50 minutes from Chambersburg (40 minutes, in a '59 Plymouth!) - I hope you'll consider staying with all of us Friday evening, so we can have a Saturday morning convoy to the Fairgrounds. The convoy will start when Matthew drags my sorry butt out of bed. Don't let him in the room, Mark! :shock:

If you're in, let me know, and if you'll want the room for Saturday night as well as Friday night.

Dan
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

P.S. - love your new avatar, Gary!
GaryBitner

Post by GaryBitner »

Yes, Dan, I'll take the room in Mechanicsburg for Friday and Saturday nights, thanks. What a break. Let me know if you need a credit card or info to hold the room. You can reach me on my cell phone at 954-849-9201. Should get there about 4 p.m. Friday.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Fantastic! One more for the convoy. I’ll email you your pdf reservation, Gary - it will say Thursday night also, but I will inform Manny Patel (59 Plymouth Motel proprietor) that you will only be staying Friday and Saturday nights.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Oh, and your room is held on my card - just be sure to pay for it on yours :o And think about coming straight to the Fairgrounds on Friday - we usually go out to dinner en masse. No need to check into the motel until evening.