Carlisle 2019!

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
Faulkner

Re: Carlisle 2019!

Post by Faulkner »

Matthew Keij wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:06 am Wasn’t dieter his 59 a Fury?
Sorry, Matthew, I thought I had replied to this. I forgot to push "Submit". Another sign of creeping dementia.

Yup, Dieter's Fury can be found here in the Showcase.
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Faulkner wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:13 pm OK, a last minute thought - I'm thinking of a repeat on T-Shirts. Because they will have a '59 on the back and the front, they'll cost more than your typical shirt - somewhere between $18 - $25, depending on how many takers I get. I expect I'll order by this time next week, so let me know if you're in or not. L, XL, XXL?
I was able to find a company to produce them for $15! I ordered just for Mark, Dieter, and myself because I had no other takers. But if you have any interest, let me know ASAP, there's a chance I can still take delivery before Carlisle.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Should make it all the way to Carlisle. My E150 van with 97K miles had a do over for the trip. Body work $1,500, rear brakes and oil change $650. They wanted $724 for ball joints so decided to do it myself, $100 for parts, $74 for alignment, $35 for backup camera (trailer). We leave Monday morning, will stay over in Savanah and Richmond and should arrive in Mechanicsburg thursday. Taking Yvonne to dinner tonight to celebrate 59 years together. Fitting number isn't it.
See all y'all at Carlisle.
Dick
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

...and 59 more, Dick! Happy Anniversary.

Carlisle or bust! I'm looking forward to meeting you both.
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Dick; half the reason I am going is to meet you !!!!!! you are A legend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Yea, but only in my own mind! One good thing though, its gonna get me a hamburger from Dan.
Mark Merritt

Post by Mark Merritt »

Dick; By the way Happy Anniversary !! Mark
ONLY ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Faulkner wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:19 pm I was able to find a company to produce them [T-shirts] for $15! I ordered just for Mark, Dieter, and myself because I had no other takers. But if you have any interest, let me know ASAP, there's a chance I can still take delivery before Carlisle.
Doncha know, the T-shirt company now tells me I need a "Licensing Agreement" from Chrysler before they will produce the shirts, for fear of copyright infringement. I wrote to Danielle Szostak at Chrysler Historical (FCA), asking for some sort of document of approval, but I got her "away" message - she's on vacation this week. (*sigh*...) Looks like no 60th Anniversary T-shirts this year, unless I can find a walk-in shop that will look the other way, and produce them.
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Thanks Mark, we went to Texas Longhorn and had one of the best steaks ever.
Dick
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Congratulations Dick! Let's see how you like the steak at Hoss's steakhouse next weekend!

I finished packing and am ready to go, now I just have to wait till Tuesday :shock:

See you guys soon!
Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

The Official Event Guide is here!

2019-carlisle-chrysler-nationals2.pdf
GaryBitner

Post by GaryBitner »

The countdown is now on, and for your added entertainment, I'm bringing a portable DVD player and Peter Gunn DVDs, especially Season 2, Episode 21 "The Hunt," in which Gunn's '59 Sport Fury convertible is the real star of the show. See you gents Friday night when you get back to Mechanicsburg. Assuming all goes as planned, you'll see the Belvy in the Motel 6 parking lot. I will most likely be cleaning it.
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Kool beans, Gary! Depending on where we congregate for dinner, our return to the ‘59 Plymouth Motel might be nine-ish or so. I’ll be in phone/text contact, so if perchance you can join us, so much the better!