Forward Look at Carlisle

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
Faulkner

Forward Look at Carlisle

Post by Faulkner »

From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@lists.psu.edu] On Behalf Of Dave Stragand
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:47 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@LISTS.PSU.EDU
Subject: [FWDLK] The Forward Look Network at the 2011 Carlisle Chrysler Nationals

Hi All,
The Forward Look Network will have our usual large club tent on the Carlisle All Chrysler Nationals Fun Field again this year. We'll also be doing the drive-ins again on Friday and Saturday at dusk. I've run several of these vintage drive-ins, and they're a lot of fun -- a total '50's drive-in experience, complete with vintage snack bar promos, intermission clips, and more. We even simulcast the audio on FM if you want to watch from your car, or just sit back on a chair under the stars and listen to the speakers under the screen.
This year we'll actually splash the cash and get a public exhibition license for a movie or two. I'm thinking The Blob one night and ???? the next. I'm open to suggestions at this point. Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry?
The club tent is a great hangout and relaxation place after walking the swap meet or show field. As usual, we will have refreshments, snacks, and first aid supplies like sunscreen. (It always helps if folks bring folding chairs though!) We welcome the Golden Fin Society, Plymouth Central, 59Plymouth.net and other FL-related clubs to share our tent, as we all have common interests. Look for the massive Forward Look billboard, banners and the “Flookerang Pennants” ringing the tent.
I will have some T-Shirts available at the tent -- more than last year -- but I can only bring so many of each design, size, etc.. I will be making a bulk order of the VALUE T-SHIRT designs shortly, so if you want to order a Value T-Shirt to pick up at the show (and save the shipping cost), please drop me an email at dave.stragand <(at)> forwardlook.net with the style and size (see the link below). I believe the proce will stay the same at $10 for S-M-L-XL and $13 for larger sizes.
All designs of the T-Shirts are always available online at http://www.forwardlook.net/sitestore/gifts Clay Wood has graciously donated his famous T-Shirt designs for use in our store – they are absolutely FINtastic!!!!
In addition to Carlisle Productions’ events, we will also be having our traditional Forward Look events:
Thursday Evening:
Join up with other ForwardLookers at the MoPar Rebellion Car Club Car Cruise, hosted by MoPar Rebellion and held at CVM Dodge. This Kick-Off features raffles, door prizes, inexpensive food, music, great Mopars and more. It’s free for participants and spectators and it’s a great opportunity to socialize with your friends in a relaxed atmosphere. Check out http://www.MoParRebellion.com for more details and directions to the facility.
Friday, 5:30ish:
We're considering a pizza dinner on Friday night at the tent. Please reply below and let me know your interest. There's also the traditional evening dinner at Hoss’s Steak and Sea House on Carlisle Pike. Good food, and (my favorite) an all-you-can eat dessert/ice cream bar. Afterwards, bring a chair and come back to the Fun Field for the Friday Night Drive-In! (dusk until ?)
Saturday, 5:30ish:
Please join us for our famous annual Forward Look dinner! Dinner, drinks, and a relaxing wrap-up to a busy day. We generally have around 30 folks from the mailing list and forums gathering to just relax, have a picnic dinner and talk. It’s always nice to finally put faces with the names of the folks you have known online for years. Wrapping up the evening will be our Saturday Night Drive-In!
That’s our schedule. Please let me know what you'd like to see at the tent this year. We'll do our best to make it all happen. Hope to see you there!
-Dave
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: Forward Look at Carlisle

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Can't wait!!!! :P

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/