Carlisle 2011!

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
Forward Look Frank

Re: Carlisle 2011!

Post by Forward Look Frank »

Hello All,
I will be there with my '11 Challenger. I wish it was my Fury but I haven't touched it since October. We're trying to re-fi the house and build a new garage so I can bring my Fury home. I am looking for a hotel near the fairgrounds to stay. Any suggestions? I know I should have booked earlier but my work schedule was too vague and I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to attend. Most every place I called was booked. Email me at fwdlkfjw@verizon.net if you know of any vacancies. I'm bringing the wife as well so bed and breakfasts are welcome. In any case, looking forward to a great weekend. Matthew, the Challenger awaits you. Have a great weekend.
-Frank
Forward Look Frank Worsham
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

What about your Dad? Is he coming too? Or did your new Bride replace him? Such as life....

But we are looking forward to meeting Mrs. FWLF! :P

John Q.
Last edited by Denver 59 Fin Convert on Sat May 28, 2011 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
rankinrr

Post by rankinrr »

Wow, I checked out the website. Nice. I don't think I can make it this year seeing the car has sat 30 years and with luck, will be on the road only two weeks about that time. I don't think a 1000 mile roadtrip would be smart. I like the barn find section. I guess that might be me. Have fun all who go and I know there will be a lot of photos. I added new photos of my 59 to my original ride post. All rubbed and wheeled out. Better than I thought it would look.
Rob
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Hi all,

I really looked forward to Chryslers@Carlisle this year but unfortunately we have to cancel our trip. My dad has been fighting with cancer for about 2 years and this week his doctor told us that further treatment was not possible. We don't know how much he has left, it can be weeks or a few months at most.
We do have a room reservation at the official 59 Plymouth hotel that will be cancelled or taken by Frank. Dan made the reservation so you can contact him for the room.

I won't be posting much in the next few weeks but I do read the forum almost every day. There will be no new pages for The Gallery but please feel free to send me your stories and pictures and I will get to them later this year.

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

From my perspective, this is a sudden and sad turn of events. Last I had heard, your father was doing well with treatments, showing no ill effects, and cancer had been slowed. I estimate that was back in October 2010.
As the recent tornadoes in the US have re-emphasized, no one knows how long we have on this planet.
May each day be wonderful and joyous for everyone.
Certainly you and yours will be missed at Carlisle.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Well said Roger.

Ron,we hope and pray for your Dad and your family for strength thru this next chapter of life. All we know is you and Matthew, so your Dad has done well in who you two have turned out to be. Lasting legacy of your Dad.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Ron, Matthew and Marjo,

Sorry to hear of your news. Please know that your entire family is in our prayers. We will miss seeing you at Carlisle, but certainly understand your decision to stay home and be with your Dad as much as you can. I remember getting to know my Father so much better is his last 6 months of life during hospice as he opened up about his early childhood years and his time in the military. Cherish every moment you have with him.

Curt, Jo Ann and Grace
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
Forward Look Frank

Post by Forward Look Frank »

Hello All,
Ron and family, I am sorry to hear of your father's health turning for the worse. Our throughts and prayers are with you as well. Matthew, the next time you are in the states, give me a heads up. If I'm in town, we will make arrangements to meet up. I'll take you to the local car gathering and we'll have some fun with the Challenger. Email me privately and I will let you know the dates I'll be away.
Mrs. FLF found a nice bed and breakfast with an extra room for my father so we won't need another room. Thank you for thinking of us. It's a bit pricy but you know the saying, "happy wife, happy life" :P. Actually, it is less than 2 miles from the fairgrounds and will be great to go back and forth when she gets tired of the car show. I hope to see you all there. I may be driving the Challenger to the show but I know where I'll be hanging out :wink: . I plan on having a nice dinner with the wife on Friday but Saturday I'm up for anything. Well, have to run.
Take Care,
Frank
Forward Look Frank Worsham
Dick Koch

Post by Dick Koch »

Ron and Family - Ron, sorry to hear about your Dad. Roger and John said it well. I'm sure your dad is confident and proud that you and Matthew will carry his good name forward. Yvonne and I will be praying for all of you.
Dick.
Life is Beautiful! Sex, Beer & Mopars.
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

Ron my thoughts are with you , your dad and family.Damn cancer!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

There is nothing I can add to this thread, except to say that for five consecutive years the Keij's have been accompanying me to Carlisle in Faulkner. It just won't seem the same this year without them there...

But family is everything. There will be other Carlisles, and more memories to be made. Best to you and to your father, Ron. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"