Party at Big M November 6th

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
big m

Party at Big M November 6th

Post by big m »

My wife, M'lisa, is throwing a birthday party for my 50th birthday on November 6th, we will be cooking a 200 LB. pig on a rotisserie, there will be horseshoe games and more. Bring the beverages of your choice. We have friends and customers coming from as far away as Sweden and Australia, as well as from the eastern United States and Canada. Browsing through the wrecking yard will be encouraged as well.

A friend of ours owns a restored art-deco theater in the next town over, and he may be having a special showing of Christine on Friday for those who show up earlier. All '59 Plymouth owners are invited, but if you are coming and need a room reserved, please let me know, as it's hunting season, and the motels can sell out.

---John
In rust we trust!
Ron Keij

Re: Party at Big M November 6th

Post by Ron Keij »

John,

Happy 50th birthday :!: :!: Hope there are many more years to come for you. Sorry that i can't be there as I am leaving for Florida next weekend and making 2 US trips in a month is a little bit too much for me. But someday I will show up to get the VIP yard tour.

Enjoy your party 8)

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Ditto!

Happy B-day John! I wish I could have broken away from Colorado to join you on a milestone event like your 50th! Enjoy! :P

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

Happy Birthday John-Must have been a great party. Sorry I missed it>
big m

Post by big m »

Thanks, guys, everyone had a good time! I'll post a few photos up when I get the chance.

---John
In rust we trust!
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Look forward to seeing the action pictures of the bash, But tell me....How many times did the Police show up? This fact alone is enough to keep me intereseted in waiting for the pictures!! :lol:

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

big m

Post by big m »

John, everything went quite well, no drunken rowdies or other need to have the police called. My wife and sister in law were designated drivers for those that imbibed, and needed rides to their motel rooms.

We had a few travelers as well, 4 from Sweden, one from Finland, 2 from Australia, 3 from Canada, as well as 1 fellow from Georgia, two from Tennessee, several from Nevada.

The weather was sunny with highs both days 75-80 degrees, until early sunday morning, when the rain hit. A good time was had by all who attended.

---John
In rust we trust!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

OMG, what a international celebration - your birthday is a bona fide cause célèbre, John! Permit me to add my belated congrats. And welcome to your second half century!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Shooot! Now I feel bad that you had so many international travelers to you 50th and I could not hop on the plane for a two hour flight! Maybe your 60th I will show up! Or at least the 55 milestone in 5 years.

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)