Carlisle 2010

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
Faulkner

Re: Carlisle 2010

Post by Faulkner »

Upper Darby, PA...
Screenshot.png
Last one in the pool is a rotten egg!
Screenshot-6.png
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Ron let slip that you may now have more than a one-car garage...if so, I'm loving it!
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Where's this...three miles out Highway 3 from "the old place"? No deferred tax thingy, but looks great for the new "Plymouth Hotel". :D
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Yup, there's plenty of room to work -- not quite as long as the current garage, but wider.

Let's call it "The Morton Manse" 8)
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

Looks great Dan-Bailey must be excited!!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Yes -- it's been five years since he's seen a bunny, and that long since I've seen him point. I can't wait to see that again.

You come on down too, Steve!

Dan
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Alas, Dick Skinner will not be joining us this year:
Dick Skinner wrote: As to going to Carisle, no. Too far could be an excuse, but we really are sort of private people and enjoy doing things by ourselves. We like to go to Stowe, VT. for their car show (about 900 old cars) because it is a small town and many of the cars are just driven around, and a few local shows. But that is about it. Sitting around finding topics to fill the time is not our cup of tea. Really did enjoy meeting some of the forwardlookers, but what I really enjoy is fixing problems. This is why I decided to rebuild the 2 vehicles I did. And why I have done so much work on our house, why I volunteer in the town government, etc.
Best of luck to all.

Dick Skinner
1959 Plymouth Sport Suburban
http://www.59sportfury.net
http://www.forwardlook.net
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Too bad Dick & Rita won't be there :(

But all the others should come and enjoy all the events that scheduled http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events ... nationals/ and if you are not allowed to go on the road alone just bring your wife There is a special entertainment section for the ladies, and of course we have the Miss Carlisle contest.

And to top all that you will be able to meet John Samsen, he worked as a designer for the Chrysler Corp from 1955 until 1976 http://collectibleart.net/JRSbio.html He will be presenting an audio visual program on designing our beloved cars. And if you also like other old cars you might be able to talk to him about his most famous design the first Ford Thunderbird.

If it is enough for me to fly across the ocean it should be enough for you to cruise to Carlisle!

See you there,
Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
ginog01

Post by ginog01 »

Hi Ron,
I'm saw that I am on the list to be at Carlisle 2010, I just finished changing the oil and finally fixing the oil leak from the drain plug. My plans to have the interior restored to original has been delayed. Still coming to the show, the only thing that would stop me is rain. I am still in need of a fuel sending unit, which I have tracked on ebay, but may wait until the show to find a better deal than $90.00. Also, looking for an original 4 barrel carb that will fit the original airbox, but again the search may be at the show. Hope to see everyone there. If you need some help with getting the group together, please contact me off line at ginog01@comcast.net. Thanks!
Gino
59 Plymouth Sport Fury
Lancaster, PA
Oldschoolcarguy

Post by Oldschoolcarguy »

[
"Oldschool is cool"

Ernie D.
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

well said! :lol:
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

The written bracket is even better then a spoken bracket! :lol:

well played!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

[[[[[[[[[[[ breaking news ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

There is one more confirmed visitor for Carlisle: Matthew will be coming too. Just last weekend he decided not to go to the Opel Astra meeting in the UK but instead he asked me to find him a reasonably priced ticket to Philly. I found one for him (better schedule as mine :evil: ) and bought it tonight. Tonight he will be dreaming about old cars and philly cheese steaks :lol:

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I hope Matthew's knee flare-ups are completely gone.
It's gonna be a good crowd at Carlisle.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Aloha friends! Sorry for being non communicative, been on the road the last 3 weeks in Hawaii (work) and California (family vacation) so just have not had much time to talk. Met John Fowlie and M'lissa at a Car show in Fremont, California that I attented with my younger brother.

I did call Dan back tonight to confirm that I have my airline ticket to Carlisle and will be arriving on the July 7th, Weds, at 6:02 AM via the overnight red eye and then won't depart again till Monday July 12 at 8:45 PM,

I did lose my reservation at the Best Western when I neglected to guarantee it. But have a room at the Comfort Inn nearby in the same town of Mechanicburg.

Was able to make good progress on the 59 this weeked after losing 3 weekends to travel, should have the passenger floor welded in this week.

Then assembly begins next week with the motor and trans installed etc.

Still can't raise my right arm up without assistance but looking forward to Physical Therapy in Dan's 50 metre Olympic pool. :lol:

Now where is my speedo???? :roll:

I did get a room with two beds in it if anyone is a late comer or want to lower their lodging costs....

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/