Carlisle 2010

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
Ron Keij

Carlisle 2010

Post by Ron Keij »

Hi all,

As our webmaster Dan Morton is too busy with other things in life he called me last weekend and he told me that I was the officially designated ’59 Plymouth ambassador for Carlisle 2010. He will be there for sure and he already made reservations at the "official" 59 Plymouth hotel in Mechanicsburg. Below this message I will list the details for this hotel.

So who is coming this year???????????????

I will be there and I come over just for 1 week and without the rest of the family :( 8) So the distance to Carlisle is no excuses for most of you!

So for we have only heard from Gino Gentile and Ken and Rob Morton that they will be there for sure. But how about the others, are we going to see the famous Denver 59 convertible there? And how about Earl Hess, Dieter Bauer, Tom Fox, Dick & Rita Skinner , Steve Storey, Mark Coudriet, Forward Look Frank, John and David Wilson, Ed & Ruth Ober, Ed Eckerson, Jim Hamsher, Curt & Jo Ann Lambdin, Roger Howard, Bob Forrest, Don Mack, Rob Augliera, Stefan Steinmaier, and last but certainly not least Dick Koch. Now is the time to come together for a weekend of fun and every 59 Plymouth owner at the show will get a free DVD with the digitized Ross Roy filmstrips from the topic http://59sportfury.net/59forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1441

So please let us know in advance who will be there and who's not so I don't get stuck with a stash of DVD's, Dan has a 50 year supply of polishing T-shirts left over from last year :lol:

The last few years most of us stayed at the Best Western hotel in Mechanicsburg: http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern ... Code=39009

Best Western Plantation Inn
Mechanicsburg, PA, US
717/766-0238

Hope to see you all there!
Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Re: Carlisle 2010

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Ron, I will try to come. what is the best airport to fly into so I can start looking for inexpensive airfares?

You had me a the free CD of the filmstrips... who can not pass that up!

John Q
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

Pretty sure I'll be there. I'm toying with the idea of taking my new 1984 Conversion Van-not sure I can sleep in a van?? But don"t do well in motels either-such a dilemma.
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote:Ron, I will try to come. what is the best airport to fly into so I can start looking for inexpensive airfares?

You had me a the free CD of the filmstrips... who can not pass that up!

John Q
Even better than a CD John, it is a DVD :lol:

I dont know much about the US airports as I am just a foreigner but I guess Harrisburg is the best place if you want to get close to Carlisle. But another option is Philadelphia, I could pick you (and Pam?) up at the airport and Faulkner can take you to Carlisle is style 8) And of course I did ask Dan first if this is OK with him. From Philly it is only a 2 hour trip to Carlisle.

Ron
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Steve Storey wrote:Pretty sure I'll be there. I'm toying with the idea of taking my new 1984 Conversion Van-not sure I can sleep in a van?? But don"t do well in motels either-such a dilemma.
If my vote counts I'd say try the motel again and drive the 59!

Ron
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Ron, Opps yeah I meant DVD.... I have to to some date checking to make sure it is clear for a trip. Our club is moving our August show to another date soon to be determined. We out grew the last location.

A local Sears store says they will sponsor us. But they set the date.

Will advise off course. Philly mihgt be the best and cheapest location to fly into to. Maybe the Rockies will be playing the World Champs that week!!!

John Q.
Last edited by Denver 59 Fin Convert on Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote: Philly mihgt be the best and cheapest location to fly into to. Maybe the Rockies will be playing the World Champs that week!!!
Now you're tawkin', John! As Ron says -- Chez Morton is available, if you can swing it. Nothing like driving the Pennsey Turnpike with the windows down, fins flapping in the breeze, and folks honkin' as they gawk going by!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Dear Ron,
I recently got my new computer back from the repair shop...they had set it up wrong, I guess. Seems to work well now.
I don't expect I will be able to make the trip to Carlisle this year. I was laid off for 5 months, and my savings are way down. The boss eliminated all paid holidays...I dunno about paid vacation days.
The WPC Club is planning a Regional Meet in Eastern Washington this summer, and I hope to show my car there.
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Ron, Dan and All,

I booked a hotel in Mechanicsburg - Country Inn and Suites (Government Employee rate was cheap for a nice hotel).

As most of you now I have been confined to bed 24/7 since February 1. 2009. I have had several surgeries since then and am now just starting to sit upright again in my power chair. I had a genius Plastic surgeon give me a butt -tuck or butt-lift which essentially ended up pulling up my thigh where my right cheek used to be. He also replaced my butt muscle with my hamstring. Wish me luck thay I can start sitting more hours soon.

i booked this hotel for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Will anyone be there by Friday morning? In 2008 we did not arrive until 6 pm Friday night - so we wasted a day? Then we left Saturday afternoon because of the heat and did not return on Sunday. This year we may travel to Lancaster Saturday afternoon so my 7 year old daughter (Grace) can spend a day or two at Dutch Wonderland Theme park.

Have others made plans yet? I still did not buy my Carlisle space - I will see how my health holds up.

Still mounds of snow in Maryland and tough to get around in a power chair - still 3-5 more inches of snow tonight!

Until next time - stay warm and dry. My pellet stove has been running non-stop for two weeks.

Thanks,
Curt
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

savvy59 wrote: Will anyone be there by Friday morning? In 2008 we did not arrive until 6 pm Friday night - so we wasted a day? Then we left Saturday afternoon because of the heat and did not return on Sunday. This year we may travel to Lancaster Saturday afternoon so my 7 year old daughter (Grace) can spend a day or two at Dutch Wonderland Theme park.
Curt, Ron and I will arrive before noon -- perhaps well before noon, if we're packed, ready to go, and I've lined up someone to look after the Bailster (the beagle) for the weekend. Of course, if John is with us and we have to nurse his lame shoulder, that could slow us down a bit :lol:

Dan
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Hey, lame shoulder or not, I'm planning on coming out! This shoulder thing is lingering longer then expected, it will be 6 weeks this Thursday and I can't raise my arm at all, I find out Thursday how many more weeks I might have to wear this sling. But It will be off by July.

Dan, What Hotel are you staying at? Is Ron at the same one? I need to make the same reservation at your Hotel if I am to mooch rides there to keep costs down. I should make it for Friday, Saturday night with a Complimentry Thursday stay at Chez Morton's?
Do I get points on my Marriot card? :lol:

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Marjo Keij

Post by Marjo Keij »

John,

Is it because I am not an American, I just don't get it. Why would anyone want Marriot points when you can get Morton points????????????????????????

I feel your pain, not being able to move your arm as you want to. And with your luck the only thing I know about welding is that I should leave that to people who know what they are doing. If I would have known how to weld in floors I'd get in my car now and drive up to Arvada to help you out :!:

I'll add you t the list of confirmed members for Carlisle 2010. So we have:
-Dan Morton
-Ken Morton
-Curt Lambdin
-John Quinn
-Gino Gentile
-Ron Keij

Most of us are staying at the Best Western in Mechanicsburg, see my first post in this topic for the details.

Ron

(edit) Sorry to have posted this under Marjo's account, it's her laptop and I forgot to log het out.
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Ron, In some ways I think you are more American then me and a lot of other citizens. You have a love for this country that lot of Americans take for granted!

Morton points are superior to Marriot points, besides the Continental breakfast and work out center facilities there!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

John, if you come all the way East and don't stay at Chez Morton, your Marriott account will be tapped for points to be accrued to Morton points! :twisted: Please feel welcome to stay with me -- as well as any Left Coaster (Read: Tom Fox, Roger Howard, et al). Speaking of Tom Fox -- after two consecutive Carlisle years, he had a layover last year. I think you're due this year, Tom...

Dan
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Where is Chez Morton this year, Danthe man?