Carlisle 2010

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
Faulkner

Re: Carlisle 2010

Post by Faulkner »

Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote: I did lose my reservation at the Best Western when I neglected to guarantee it. But have a room at the Comfort Inn nearby in the same town of Mechanicburg.
I did get a room with two beds in it if anyone is a late comer or want to lower their lodging costs....
Alternatively, we could lower your lodging costs, John. I've reserved two rooms -- Ron and Matthew can be in one, and you and me in the other. However, I must warn you -- my room lacks a "no snoring" section :twisted:

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Post by Denver 59 Fin Convert »

Dan, That would keep most of our costs down to be roomies for the weekend! I have to warn you too that I am a CPAP user, so a slight drone of the mini compressor might be comforting to you and your snoring! :D

I will call you on this...

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

"Chrysler Corporation-Extra Care in Engineering"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/56963213@N ... 457983491/
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote:Dan, That would keep most of our costs down to be roomies for the weekend! I have to warn you too that I am a CPAP user, so a slight drone of the mini compressor might be comforting to you and your snoring! :D

John Q.
John, what odd bedfellows we will make! As long as you won't be landing a 747 in the room, there isn't much that will keep me awake. Consider it done.

Dan
Denver 59 Fin Convert

No 747 landing privaleges here, biggest I have flown is the 727 simulator at the United Flight Training center here in town. I think I crashed it on approach to Ohare.... Darn stalll warning devices were inoperative! Leading edge slats were inop too!

Let's see a 747 engine puts out about 175+ dcB's so we are safe! Benadryl everynight helps me a lot at night!

A remake of the Odd Couple! :)

I will cancel my other Hotel stay. Must appreciated!

John Q.
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Faulkner wrote:Alternatively, we could lower your lodging costs, John. I've reserved two rooms -- Ron and Matthew can be in one, and you and me in the other. However, I must warn you -- my room lacks a "no snoring" section :twisted:

Dan
Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote:Dan, That would keep most of our costs down to be roomies for the weekend! I have to warn you too that I am a CPAP user, so a slight drone of the mini compressor might be comforting to you and your snoring! :D

John Q.
I think we need to call the hotel to ask for a room on the other end of the building :lol: But I am sure we will have a great time there :!:
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Be scared...Be very scared.... Naw, we will behave ourselves as to not to disturb the Dutch contingent nocturnal habits. :roll:

Ron, Now don't scare Matthew, he has not met me yet! I guess Dan hasn't either but what the heck what goes on in Carlisle stays in Carlisle...right?

John Q
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote:Ron, Now don't scare Matthew, he has not met me yet!
Look at it from the other side. You haven't met me yet :evil:
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Denver 59 Fin Convert

Yowser!!! And me still recovering from Rotator Cuff surgery have no chance against a young Stallion like Matthew. Maybe if I buy you a lunch you will warm up to me? :lol:

I do look forward to meeting you though. Hopefully Dan won't dominate all your time while we are at Chez Morton! :D
John Quinn
Arvada, Colo
(NW suburb of Denver)

Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Denver 59 Fin Convert wrote:Yowser!!! And me still recovering from Rotator Cuff surgery have no chance against a young Stallion like Matthew. Maybe if I buy you a lunch you will warm up to me? :lol:

I do look forward to meeting you though. Hopefully Dan won't dominate all your time while we are at Chez Morton! :D
John,

He is still young but he has bad knees so he can't run away very fast :lol But when you buy him a cheese steak he will certainly warm up to you, you'll have a friend forever :!:

Within two weeks my feet will be on American soil again (or maybe in the water of Dan's Olympic pool) 8)

Ron
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Ron Keij wrote:
Within two weeks my feet will be on American soil again (or maybe in the water of Dan's Olympic pool) 8)

Ron
That's where my two feet are right now, Ron. 'cept, when I stretch out with my feet on one end, my head is near the other! :shock:

Naw, you can't do laps, but it's 17 feet, methinks. Plenty of room for a respite from the heat. it's 95 here today. Soon I'll be cranking up the grille soon for some Father's Day festivities.

This week I plan to start beating the bushes, Ron -- emailing '59 folk within shouting distance, seeing if they plan to come to Carlisle. I'll update this topic soon.

Dan
Forward Look Frank

Post by Forward Look Frank »

I will be there, not sure of what days though. I would like to be there all three. We'll see what happens. Hope to see you all there.
Forward Look Frank Worsham
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Forward Look Frank wrote:I will be there, not sure of what days though. I would like to be there all three. We'll see what happens. Hope to see you all there.
Oops, forgot you on the list in the other topic :( It will be good to see you again!

Ron
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

I was just surfing thru the Forwardlook site and read about the events being planned. You all who are gonna be there, you are going to have SO much fun! Dave Strgand and his buddies will have the tent and movies, and drinks, and all sorts of things!
Check it out at the site, discussion forum, general discussion, Carlisle 2010
Forward Look Frank

Post by Forward Look Frank »

Hello All,
I will be there Friday definitely and Saturday or Sunday. Not 100% on which day. I'd like to make it all three. We'll see how it goes. Can't wait to see you all there.
Take Care,
Frank
Forward Look Frank Worsham
Marjo Keij

Post by Marjo Keij »

Hi all good friends,

I hope you all have a great time in Carlisle!!
See you next year.
A big hugh for everybody.

:( Marjo :cry: