speed improvement in Forum?

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
Faulkner

speed improvement in Forum?

Post by Faulkner »

Folks, have you noticed that the Forum was slow since we moved to the new server? I've noticed delays up to 15 seconds for a page refresh; occasionally longer if I post something. It has to do with the connection between the website and the Forum database (all other web pages have been behaving just fine).

I complained to my service provider, but first I gathered statistics using this test agent:

http://www.gomez.com/info_center/instant_test.php

I shipped off the logs to my provider -- they were pretty incontrovertible. They claim to have done something, and it does seem a bit snappier.

Let me know if you think so -- or if you don't think so! We aim to please.

Thanks
Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
rogerh

Re: speed improvement in Forum?

Post by rogerh »

Thought it was a problem on MY side...yes, Slow...maybe four times as slow as before..
Ron Keij

Re: speed improvement in Forum?

Post by Ron Keij »

I do notice a slight improvement but I can't really judge it since I have had problems with my computer since about a week :( I had to ask Matthew to post the pictures I made Monday because I couldn't get them resized :evil:

So sorry Roger and John, I was going to email you both but I couldn't get it done. I hope to fix the problems next Sunday.

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...