Carlisle 2009!

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
Faulkner

Carlisle 2009!

Post by Faulkner »

Ron Keij wrote:Thanks Dan for this great page [Carlisle 2008] ! I really love the movies and I can't wait until it is 2009. Is the date already set for Chryslers @ Carlisle 2009? Ron
It is indeed! 7/10-12/2009:

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events ... nationals/

See you there!

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Matthew Keij

Re: Carlisle 2009!

Post by Matthew Keij »

Since yesterday it's official!

I will be there! Together with Andre again.
Offcourse my dad will be there and my mom will also be there!

Now, who is coming in July?
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

I've never been to any Carlisle events, but am going this July and hope my Plymouth is up for the trip. I think she'll make it [4 hours] with no problem?! Does one have a chance of getting a motel room at this date. Is there one in particular that warrants a try. I noticed a Days Inn 4 miles away with reasonable rates, would that be worth a try.Any pearls of wisdom would be appreciated. Steve
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Steve,

No pearl of wisdom but you might want to consider to stay in the same hotel as most of the 59 Plymouth group. We have reservation at the Best western (Plantation Inn) in Mechanicsburg about 20 minutes from the Carlisle fields. They have a AAA rate of $76.50 a night.

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern ... Code=39009

Looking forward to meet you! And now back to work to get your car ready for Carlise :lol:

Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Steve Storey

Post by Steve Storey »

Thanks Ron-Took your advice and look forward to meeting everyone. Steve
Faulkner

It's 1959 at Carlisle!

Post by Faulkner »

Sent: Friday, January 09, 2009 2:36 PM
To: Dan Morton
Subject: RE: '59 Plymouths at the 2009 All-Chrysler Nationals

Hi Dan,
My name is Ed Buczeskie and I am the Event Manager for the All-Chrysler Nationals. I really should’ve started this back in 2007 when I first started here but I had A LOT to learn and really struggled back then. It’s still a tough task but I think I’ve gotten a lot better . Anyway, starting this year I will be adding a “Class of ‘59” class to the show so YES, you guys will have your own class and be able to park together. I will probably do this concept through 1960 or ’61 but after that the number of cars for a particular model year gets a little too large to do something like this.
I’m really looking forward to having you guys and your cars at the show. In fact, I feel that we are severely lacking in ’59 and older cars at the show so I am trying to work with those groups to get more of them out here. We all know the core of the show is muscle cars and that’s not going to change any time soon but even us muscle car guys love the older Mopars – or at least really appreciate them – and want to see more of them. If you have any ideas on how we can reach out to these guys or if you can help me get the word out I’d really appreciate it.
In the meantime, please let me know if there is anything I can do for you and/or the other ’59 owners... Thanks!!
Ed
Way cool! All '59 MoPars get to park together -- sure will make it easier for the '59 Plymouth photo op, just a little bit of rearranging.

Now, who's coming? Dick? Nighthawk? Curt Danners? (I already know Curt Lambdin is there.) Don Mack? Roger?

Tom Fox?!!

If you miss this, you'll have to wait for the 100th Anniversary...

Dan
Ron Keij

Re: It's 1959 at Carlisle!

Post by Ron Keij »

Faulkner wrote: Way cool! All '59 MoPars get to park together -- sure will make it easier for the '59 Plymouth photo op, just a little bit of rearranging.

Now, who's coming? Dick? Nighthawk? Curt Danners? (I already know Curt Lambdin is there.) Don Mack? Roger?

Tom Fox?!!

If you miss this, you'll have to wait for the 100th Anniversary...

Dan
Aren't you forgetting our Canadian friend Dieter, his Fury should be ready for the trip by now! And of course Nighthawk should be there to make sure that there will be more owners from Canada than from the Netherlands.

What would Carlisle be without Tom and Merle.

Ron
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Carlisle is July 10-12..............................................Distance from Seattle~3000 miles
WPChrysler National Meet is in Sacramento July 21-25.......Distance from Seattle~1000 miles
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Roger,

At today's gas Prices ($1.50) and considering 15 miles per gallon using your car, you will only be out $300 - that leaves plenty for food and lodging. :P

Can you talk Tom Fox into a two car trailer? :roll:

It would be great to see everyone at Carlisle especially for the 50th anniversary!

Thanks,

Curt
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

savvy59 wrote:Roger,

At today's gas Prices ($1.50) and considering 15 miles per gallon using your car, you will only be out $300 - that leaves plenty for food and lodging. :P

Can you talk Tom Fox into a two car trailer? :roll:

It would be great to see everyone at Carlisle especially for the 50th anniversary!

Thanks,

Curt
Roger,

You will get the first 35 gallon of gas from me! And we can always put an extra bed in one of our rooms :lol: That leaves a little bit of expenses for food and a couple of beers :D

Ron
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

Have you all seen "Planes, Trains and AUtomobiles"? A classic movie,for sure, but I wouldn't volunteer to go thru all that...I WOULD tell the story afterward (and make millions)
Thank you all for your generous offers. My idea is to get John Fowlie to drop a crate Hemi into his 59 P airport limo, and haul us all to Carlisle! Whaddyathink?
Matthew Keij

Post by Matthew Keij »

You need to be there Roger!!! :cry:

With your super convertible!
July 14th 2019 “the soul crusher”
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

I've been beating the bushes among '59 Folk! I've heard that Beth Harris hopes to be able to make it (although, likely without Wanda), and Ken Morton (no relation) is planning to bring his Fury. And Don Mack is thinking about bringing "Belle"!

C'mon, Dick! You've got the 50th Anniversary chance to meet all these great people!

Bob Forrest! Get in that Belvy and come on down!

Curt Danners! When do we get to see that awesome Fury?

Ed Ober! Have a sit with car buddies and talk Fifty-Nine talk!

Tom Fox! Three is the charm.

Roger Howard! Call to arms! Stefan Steinmaier! Stand and be present!

Not next year, not some year...

This year. This is the year. 2009. How many more do we have?

Dan
Nighthawk

Post by Nighthawk »

Thanks for the invite Dan, but i wouldnt want to attempt to drive my old P that far, altho, have to see what transpires once the weather gets better!
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Hi Bob,

There are several others coming from Toronto and you could drive up with them. I can get you in touch with them so you would have 4 mechanincs around you in case of trouble. Matthew will be coming from Toronto also, he plans on going to Niagara Falls before he goes to Carlisle :lol: He won't be driving his old Plymouth though :lol:

Ron