Carlisle 2008

All the news here about the website, the membership, announcements, and the very latest from 1959!
Faulkner

Carlisle 2008

Post by Faulkner »

I'm goin'! Got two rooms reserved at the Best Western Plantation Inn outside Mechanicsburg (I'm holding the second for a certain father/son duo, in hopes they can make it, and hoping Andre doesn't mind snoring).

And I'm registered for the event, too. Now, to start packing my bag...

Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Congratulations :!:

We hope you will have a great time :lol: For Matthew and his father things are looking good but we haven't heard from Andre yet. But I will see him tomorrow and of course I forwarded the link to this topic to him.

Gotta run now, yesterday we got the keys of our new place and we will be awfully busy the next two weeks. But the good thing is that yesterday we drove up there with 3 (European size) cars and we were able to park them inside all in a row 8)

See you at Carlisle (I hope)
Ron
Cars are to be Enjoyed, not Admired...
Faulkner

More good news!

Post by Faulkner »

Tom Fox returns this year to Carlisle -- this time, with his '59 Plymouth Belvedere convertible!

Time for a roll call: Who's going besides me and Tom?

Dan
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Ron Keij wrote:Congratulations :!: For Matthew and his father things are looking good but we haven't heard from Andre yet. But I will see him tomorrow and of course I forwarded the link to this topic to him.
See you at Carlisle (I hope)
Ron
We decided yesterday that we will make the trip and when I called my friend Andre he said "if you are going I am going too". So the list of confirmed members is up to 5 now. Although Andre isn't really a member of the 59 Plymouth club he is a real Forwardlook guy, he owns a beautiful 59 DeSoto. There is also a webpage for him that hasn't been announced by our webmaster but I think it will be up very soon now (right Dan?)

And we will arrive a couple of days before the car show so we will have time to help Curt with his car. If his health is OK by then we can make the trip together 8)

Ron
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Ron Keij wrote:We decided yesterday that we will make the trip and when I called my friend Andre he said "if you are going I am going too". So the list of confirmed members is up to 5 now. Although Andre isn't really a member of the 59 Plymouth club he is a real Forwardlook guy, he owns a beautiful 59 DeSoto. There is also a webpage for him that hasn't been announced by our webmaster but I think it will be up very soon now (right Dan?)
Ohmigosh!! Just another thing that I failed to do...

I'm at work, Ron, and scratching around for the hidden URL -- if you can lay your hands on it, would you post to the Forum so folks can e-meet Andre?

Thanks
Dan

P.S. Curt, I'm looking forward to meeting you -- hope you can make it!
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

Faulkner wrote:
Ron Keij wrote:I'm at work, Ron, and scratching around for the hidden URL -- if you can lay your hands on it, would you post to the Forum so folks can e-meet Andre?

Thanks
Dan

P.S. Curt, I'm looking forward to meeting you -- hope you can make it!
Here you go: http://www.59plymouth.net/showcase/andre.html
savvy59

Post by savvy59 »

Dan and Ron,

Count me in (along wife my wife and 5-year-old-daughter). I have a room reservation at another hotel (the hotel where you guys stay has no lower level room :cry: ).

I still need the 600 carb installed but should be able to get that done by my mechanic friend. He will also make sure the car is road-worthy. Plans are to have my wife drive up the '59 and I will follow behind in my van.

I am sure there will be plenty of detail work to be done once I arrive at the show if you really want to get your hands dirty.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

Curt

PS I have a room at Dan's hotel on hold if anyone is interested in taking it over you can PM me for details or email me @:
savvy59@yahoo.com
There's Nothing Finer Than My '59er!
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

savvy59 wrote: I am looking forward to meeting everyone.
...and I am so looking forward to meeting you, Curt! I have a feeling this is going to be one of the best Carlisle's ever for '59P fans.

Dan
sportfury1959

Post by sportfury1959 »

Faulkner wrote: ...and I am so looking forward to meeting you, Curt! I have a feeling this is going to be one of the best Carlisle's ever for '59P fans.
Seems also to me!

I made my plans to show up in 2009 for the 50th anniversary, but looking at this topic I do regret that a little. Curt is pretty close to this area and we’ve missed you in 2007, Tom is coming again with his convertible (that I even admire more than his SF, mostly because of the beautyfull colour - the most beautyfull for this kind of car - in my opinion) – what means that there is a big chance that he’ll probably won’t show up again in 2009.

Stefan
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

savvy59 wrote: Count me in (along wife my wife and 5-year-old-daughter). I have a room reservation at another hotel (the hotel where you guys stay has no lower level room :cry: ).
I don't know about "Dan's" reservation but he made our reservations quite a while ago. Maybe he has lower floor rooms and in that case we can just change rooms so we can stay in the same hotel.

Dan, check your reservations!

Ron
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

savvy59 wrote:I still need the 600 carb installed but should be able to get that done by my mechanic friend. He will also make sure the car is road-worthy. Plans are to have my wife drive up the '59 and I will follow behind in my van.

I am sure there will be plenty of detail work to be done once I arrive at the show if you really want to get your hands dirty.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone.

Curt
Curt,

If you get the work done before we arrive that would be great, if not we will drive to Ellicot in the week before Carlisle and fix your car. And I know for sure Matthew will start detailing your car at the show :D Do we need to bring special tools? I know you need plastic forks for some 59 Plymouths :lol:

Looking forward to meet you too!

Ron
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Ron Keij wrote:
I don't know about "Dan's" reservation but he made our reservations quite a while ago. Maybe he has lower floor rooms and in that case we can just change rooms so we can stay in the same hotel.

Dan, check your reservations!

Ron
Curt had already checked, Ron... They're on the 2nd floor too :cry:

Dan
Faulkner

Post by Faulkner »

Ron Keij wrote:we need to bring special tools? I know you need plastic forks for some 59 Plymouths :lol:
Ron, I believe that Roger patented that technique for keeping headliners up; check with his lawyer before you go offering it to anyone else as a solution! :o

Dan
rogerh

Post by rogerh »

wow, you guys are great..I had completely forgotten about the forks!
Thanks for the reminder of good times!
Ron Keij

Post by Ron Keij »

rogerh wrote:wow, you guys are great..I had completely forgotten about the forks!
Thanks for the reminder of good times!
You must be a real genius, first to come up with the (working) idea to fix a headliner with plastic forks and than forget about it :lol:

And yes we sure had a good time :!:

Ron