Peter Davidson - Ellerslie, Aucland, NZ

Faulkner

Peter Davidson - Ellerslie, Aucland, NZ

Post by Faulkner »

4.jpg

When I bought the Sport Fury, I had a custom car project which I had started losing interest in (cost too much money). It was advertised in a NZ auto trader which a good friend rang to let me know. The owner had to sell reluctantly and was not very negotiable, but I made my mind up to buy it regardless.The car is pretty much original at 136,000miles. It was last registered in the US in 1974 and appears to be a one-owner car from Eureka, California.

The interior is original and good condition. I had to buy a NOS steering wheel off eBay because the old one wasn't there. It had a Japanese steering wheel in its place, talk about sad -- it had to go. The air cleaner was gone but I got one off eBay. The engine is a 361 golden commando, numbers matching, original bore size. A lot of the chrome has pitting which I have found replacements for. Eventually I will slowly restore this car, but at the moment I am having too much fun driving to pull it off the road. It is a pleasure to drive and the looks it gets driving down the road from people is a lot of fun. As far as I know there are 4 Sport Furys in NZ. I have always been into cars of the 50s, the best car designs ever; there is nothing like the finned era. I like going to swap meets, classic car and hot rods shows.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"