Tom Fox - Roseburg, OR, USA (former owner)

Faulkner

Tom Fox - Roseburg, OR, USA (former owner)

Post by Faulkner »

21.jpg
In July 2002 the car had its first showing at a Concours d’Elegance in Forest Grove Oregon. It placed first in class with 97 points.
Picture 10.png
In 2014 another First in Class plus the Concours Chairmans Choice award. The presenter is Donald Osborne
tf.jpg

Tom has since sold his Belvedere to Craig MacKay of Woodinville, WA. I hope to add a page for him. -Dan

Tom writes: "I purchased this project in December 1998 and it was completed in June 2002. It has a 318 2bbl, with Torqueflite and has the following options: PS, PB, clock, push button radio, backup lights, dual antennas, dual pipes, dual outside mirrors left hand remote, deck lid tire cover, silver anodized insert in side trim, Sport Fury steering wheel, sill moldings, rock guards, rear bumper guards, full hubcaps, variable speed wipers and windshield washer. The PS, PB silver inserts and bumper guards are original to the car, everything else I have added from my parts. This is the third 59 Plymouth I have restored and my first convertible."

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
5.jpg
7.jpg

"This project was started when I bought it. The body and paint was done and the engine was rebuilt. The car was a rolling bare body. After several trips to get the car home and all the boxes of things that went with it, I spent a month just inventorying every thing and getting it stored away. It was only about six miles from my house, so that made it a little easier. I spent one winter just putting the dash together. It was in as many pieces as it could be, and was already painted. I had the dash clamped to a table so I could work all around it. I had everything in it and functioning, before I put it in the car."

9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

"In February 2002 I had a start up party with my Mopar buddies, and we made it run! You might wonder why the top is down with snow on the ground, well it’s because it didn’t have a top yet!"

12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg

Tom's Belvedere appeared without comment on the back cover of WPC Magazine: "These photos are apparently from the 2003 WPC Winter Photo Meet I entered, and won first place."

23.jpg

In 2008, Tom brought his beautiful Belvedere to Carlisle:

IMG_0064.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG
IMG_0067.JPG
IMG_0068.JPG
IMG_0069.JPG
IMG_0082.JPG
IMG_0084.JPG
IMG_0154.JPG
IMG_0157.JPG
IMG_6932.JPG
Tom's convertible draws admiring eyes...
IMG_6936.JPG
...and ever the gentleman, Tom offers a seat
IMG_6938.JPG
IMG_6969.JPG
PIC_0251.JPG

In 2009, Tom drove the Belvedere in the Portland Grand Floral Rose parade. "The 1959 Rose queen and her court is celebrating 50 years as are our Plymouths, and they will be transported in period convertibles."

P1000673.JPG
P1000674.JPG

In 2015,Tom and his brother Jerry returned to Carlisle with the Belvedere.

IMG_0904.JPG
IMG_0915.JPG
IMG_0928.JPG
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"