Bob Forrest - Toronto, CA (former owner)

Faulkner

Bob Forrest - Toronto, CA (former owner)

Post by Faulkner »

Bob no longer owns his '59 Plymouth, he sold it to a fellow by the name of Steve Lorincz. Bob reports he hasn't seen him around lately - anyone know where the '59 may have gone? -Dan

5.jpg

Bob writes: "I'm an old car guy for sure. I live in Toronto, and I work for GM on the line building Silverados and Sierras, and I've worked for them for many years now.

I got into the old car hobby actually as a kid when, in 1974, I bought a '57 Chevy, sold it in '75 and then bought a '56 Chevy which I sold when I got my first house. I wasn't able to get back into the hobby 'til 1998 when I bought a rather tired '58 Chevy, which I fixed up (A LOT) and I sold it in 2003.

My 59 Chevy came along in 2001, an all original Green and White 4-door sedan Impala, which turns a lot of heads.

I spotted a black 59 Plymouth on a car lot near my house. I always did like the look of them and so I stopped to look at it -- it looked good to me, but I thought the last thing I needed was another old car. But this car kept luring me back there, it almost jumped out at me and said 'buy me,take me home!'

So after a lot of thinking, I went over there in July, drove it and bought it on the spot! It runs like its new, and like I said it only has 25750 miles on it, (I checked the mileage today) it's all original and it's great to drive, it's black with a red and gray interior, it was originally gray, has no radio, and it's very straight and solid."

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
Bob at his local cruise night
IMGP0721.JPG
Wearing the obligatory 59plymouth.net T-Shirt!

"In keeping with my reputation as the World's Slowest Photographer, I finally got some pics of my Plymouth and Chev together! I even did one similar to the one in the "Ross Roy" pamphlet you have..."

10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"