Dieter Bauer - Caledon, Ontario, Canada

Faulkner

Dieter Bauer - Caledon, Ontario, Canada

Post by Faulkner »

1.JPG

Dieter says, "This is a Canadian built car with a 313 poly V8 motor, which is the same as the 318 in the US. The car has power steering now, which I installed and it had power brakes when I got it."

2.JPG
"I have owned it for about 8 years and purchased it in Quebec. The interior is original but I am now redoing the seats and also installing power swivel seats while I'm at it."
3.JPG
"It has been repainted but it doesn't look like there was much body work done."
4.JPG
5.JPG
Dieter behind the wheel...
6.JPG
P4210053.JPG
"I took the front clip off and stripped everything down for cleaning and painting under the hood. The car was well coated with tar, oil, rustproofing and anything greasy to prevent rust and it did a good job because the front fenders have no patches or repair and the inner fenders only had a couple of small holes right at the bottom of the wheel well."
P4210055.JPG
May 2007 043.JPG
May 2007 045.JPG
May 2007 044.JPG
"The car has about 109,000 original miles and runs great. I am going to reseal the transmission and engine as well as paint them while I have everything out."
20200724_154559.jpg
"The 59 interior is finished, the buckles are perfect and the ashtrays and chrome trim on the side look like new from replating. If only there was a car show to go to..."

Dieter put the car back together but, on its inaugural run it developed engine trouble. But Dieter remediated the issue, and was able to make it to the 60th Anniversary of the 1959 Plymouth in Carlisle. -Dan
"If it's new, Plymouth's got it!"